We finally secure an agreed price. All morning we’ve ebbed and flowed, the final result has seen the vendor come down by 20% and we go 5% over our self-imposed guide price.
The deposits been taken.
Next stage, to get the ‘ducks in a row’; the finance secured; the survey achieved, and finally handover.
Right now, with a mountain of scribbled figures pencilled in front of me, handover seems a long way ahead.
It feels better to think, perhaps, in terms of milestones, and focus on what has already been achieved, rather than the ifs, buts and maybe’s of what still remains to be done…
So here are our milestones:
- Finding the boat
- Visiting the boat
- Falling in love with the boat!
- Family agreement on putting in an offer
- Questions to broker to fill in the gaps in the jigsaw
- The initial Offer made
- Haggling towards an Agreed Offer
- Agreement reached
- Deposit handed over to Broker to take the boat off the market
- Agreement, subject to survey, with Marine Finance Co.
- Surveyor identified
- Survey Date agreed with marina
- Boat hauled out the water
- Survey completed
- Remaining funds released
We’re already at Stage 9. of the 16. point schedule. Heck, we’re over half way there!